Our Mission is to help health care providers effectively partner with patients and families to achieve a culture of patient-centered care that optimizes health at lower costs.
At its core, PEP is rooted in evidence-based communication principles and motivational interviewing skills that can be customized to meet local needs. PEP has several components:
- Planning — includes a culture assessment, identification of the PEP team and champion leaders, clarification of team goals, anddevelopment of a training plan
- Online Training — 90-minute e-learning curriculum
- Skills Workshop — 4 hours in-person skills training
- Maintenance — electronic “PEP Tip of the Month” with video learning, implementation of local PEP champion program
- Evaluation — measurement of learner and patient outcomes
PEP is strategically designed to meet the needs of clinics, organizations and institutions of all sizes that aim to improve patient engagement, outcomes and experience, and reduce health care costs.